Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted for ZWT 6. This recipe should be served over noodles or dumplings.
Make and share this Sauted Mushrooms in Cream Sauce (German Style) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, rinsed & dried
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch mace
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 parsley sprigs
- Slice the mushrooms in half if they are large, set aside.
- Fry bacon in a large pan until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set on a papertowel lined plate to drain.
- Add the butter to pan drippings along with the onions; saute until lightly browned. Next add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in wine & spices, cover with lid and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Take off the heat then stir in the cream, lemon juice, & bacon.
- Reheat until just warm. Do NOT let the mixture come to a boil! Garnish with parsley.
To die for! I adore mushrooms and I could not pass up trying this recipe. I will be making it again. It is wonderful. I served ours with steak. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7.
Love these mushrooms. We made 1/4 of a batch exactly as written. Then served with Frikadellen (German Meat Patties), Scottish Kilkenney (A Different Version of Mashed Potatoes) and Ww Onion Gravy, Heavy on the Onions. What an amazing combination that let us mop up all the juices and flavours of all these wonderful dishes. Totally wonderful.
This were very rich and tasty. I cut the recipe down to one small serving, and sliced my mushroom rather then leaving them in large pieces. I cut back on the paprika because I'm not overly fond of the flavor and used shallots in place of the regular onion. I used reisling for the wine. The only thing I didn't care for were the pieces of bacon, they got chewy in the sauce and I ended not eating them thought the flavor from the bacon was fine. My only other concern was I've had similar dishes that took much less time to prepare. I had this on it's own as a side dish. Thanks Nasseh for sharing! Made by one of the Unrulies Under the Influence for ZWT6