Posted for ZWT 6. This recipe should be served over noodles or dumplings.
Make and share this Sauted Mushrooms in Cream Sauce (German Style) recipe from Food.com.
- Slice the mushrooms in half if they are large, set aside.
- Fry bacon in a large pan until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set on a papertowel lined plate to drain.
- Add the butter to pan drippings along with the onions; saute until lightly browned. Next add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in wine & spices, cover with lid and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Take off the heat then stir in the cream, lemon juice, & bacon.
- Reheat until just warm. Do NOT let the mixture come to a boil! Garnish with parsley.