1/1 Photo of Sauted Liver With Chives Japanese Style
This is a tasty dish using beef liver and Chinese Garlic Chives (Nira) for a Japanese style recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up the beef liver into small bite size pieces and then pat dry with paper towels.
- 2In a bowl add the soy sauce, sake, grated ginger and then add the beef livers (mix with the liquids) and let marinate for about 15 or more minutes, set aside.
- 3Add to a wok 2 tablespoons peanut oil until hot.
- 4Then remove the livers from the bowl (retaining the marinade), dredge in the tapioca starch and place into the heated wok. Cook and turn the pieces until almost fully cooked and then remove to a plate.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to the wok and add the Chinese chives, sauté for about 1 minute.
- 6Then add back into the wok the livers, the retained marinade and stir-fry briefly… add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9If you use a micro wave to re-heat some leftovers the next day (dish covered in plastic wrap), it will dry out the chives to much and they become to hard for an otherwise nice meal.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauted Liver With Chives Japanese Style
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1018.2
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 1649.9 mg
- Sodium 1420.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 124.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: