Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Although this recipe was created for fresh caught large-mouth bass, any fish fillets will work great. Intended for the campsite, you can cook it on the stove as well. Very adaptable recipe.
- 4 fish fillets, skin removed (flounder, tilapia, cod, or bass)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning (or use fresh herbs)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (slice the other half of the lemon for garnish)
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a saute pan on top of the grill, firepit, or stove over med high heat.
- When the pan is hot add the olive oil and heat. Dredge the bass fillets in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Place the fillets in the pan and pan fry about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the fish from the pan. Reduce to a medium/med-low heat (move away from coals if cooking outdoors). De-glaze the pan with the wine and then add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the sliced garlic. Fry for about a minute just until the garlic begins to turn light golden brown.
- Add the herbs and remove from the heat. Carefully, add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, place a fillet on a plate and spoon some of the lemon garlic herb butter over the fish. Garnish with lemon slices.
This was very good made with tilapia fish fillets. A bit on the lemony side and I will be very careful with that per the instructions the next time. Thanks, 2Bleu, for an easy recipe that made me feel just like I was camping. Made for PRMR tag game.
10 stars! Fantastic, I loved it!
The scent of the garlic slices was so enticing! I used fresh herbs from my garden - parsley, thyme, rosemary, lovage, also a little less butter and a little more wine than called for. I used dry vermouth, my faithful standby for recipes that don't call for a lot of wine when I am not opening a bottle. The herbal notes of the vermouth work really well with recipes such as this. A quick yet impressive dish.