1/2 Photos of Saute Spinach with Garlic
Izzy Knight's Note:
Recipe from Martha Stewart. I am not an avid Martha fan, but this spinach dish is fragrant with garlic, but without the fat, and easy. I think it's better than spinach salad because you don't even have to dry them and comparing with with the calories you get with salad dressing, this "sauted" spinach is practically calorie-free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic, and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, transfer garlic to paper towels; reserve.
- 4Discard oil.
- 5Spray pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
- 6Coarsely chop spinach and stalks.
- 7Working in batches, add damp spinach to the pan.
- 8Cover, and cook until spinach just begins to wilt, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 9Transfer the cooked spinach to a metal bowl, and cook remaining spinach.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Sprinkle reserved garlic over spinach, and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saute Spinach with Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 180.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g