Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a "Japanese Home Style Cooking" cookbook published by Better Home Japan. I like to see the nutritional values. Note: preparation time includes steeping time.
- 3⁄4 lb pork shoulder butt, thinly sliced 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients except pork to make sauce.
- Steep pork in sauce for 10 minutes. Do not oversteep or the pork will become tough.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute pork (spreading out the slices) over high heat till slightly brown; then turn and saute at medium heat.
- Add remaining sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lettuce and tomato and white rice.
Excellent! Fast, easy and delicious!!