Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Essentially, a complete meal! Just serve with a nice salad and a glass of Cabernet, then sit back and enjoy.
- 680.38 g potatoes, pared, cut into large chunks
- 113.39 g shallots
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms
- 44.37 ml oil
- 4 (680.38-907.18 g) rib eye steaks (about 1-inch thick) or 4 (680.38-907.18 g) Delmonico steaks (about 1-inch thick )
- 113.39 g packagesoft herb cheese spread, room temperature (like Boursin)
- 5 sprig parsley, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Peel and coarsely chop shallots. Wipe mushrooms clean, trim stems, and cut into quarters. Heat 2 T. oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, 7-8 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add 1 T. oil to same skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook 6-7 minutes each side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, drain potatoes and mash. Beat in cheese and parsley. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to steak for last minute of cooking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve steak with potatoes.