1/1 Photo of SAUTE OF GARLIC SCAPES & GREEN BEANS
While the red pepper adds colour, the beans & scapes are look alikes that fill this dish with taste surprises! Serve with sauteed or grilled poultry or meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Top& tail green beans.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add beans& blanch for 2 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3Drain& refresh with cold water until beans are cold.
- 4Trim garlic scapes& remove any seed pods.
- 5Cut into pieces about the same length as the beans.
- 6Blanch for 1 2 minutes; drain& refresh with cold water.
- 7Heat oil in skillet on medium heat; add scapes& saute for 2 minutes.
- 8Add beans& red peppers.
- 9Toss together, cover skillet& cook for 2 minutes longer or until scapes are crisp-tender.
- 10Uncover& season with salt, pepper& balsamic vinegar.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for SAUTE OF GARLIC SCAPES & GREEN BEANS
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: