Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another wonderful recipe found in the Pink Adobe Cookbook. A nice Chardonnay would go nicely with this dish. This would be a great dish for a dinner party. Definely not low-cal but worth the splurge!
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh cilantro, firmly packed
- 2 cups pine nuts (can use blanched almonds or a mix of the two)
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fettuccine
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter, for noodles
- parmesan cheese, grated, for passing at the table
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Roll in flour and shake off the excess. In a heavy skillet, heat butter and brown lightly the breasts on both sides. Add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While chicken is simmering, prepare the Cilantro Sauce. In a food processor fitted with the steel blade add 2 cups of cilantro, the pine nuts (or almonds or the mix of both), Parmesan cheese and garlic and blend into a paste. Add softened butter and then slowly pour olive oil through the feed tube until mixture is the consistency of heavy cream. Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and place on a large platter. Toss with butter. Toss in the Cilantro Sauce, reserving some to use as a spread for the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a separate platter and sprinkle the remaining fresh cilantro on top.
- Serve the remaining Cilantro Sauce on the side. Pass grated Parmesan at the table.