Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sautéing onions is when a firmer textured and sweeter flavored onion is desired. Onions are browned, which creates a rich sweet flavor. Add to rice, sautéed vegetables, soups and pasta dishes.
- 1 onion (Slice or chop)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the pan over high heat before adding the oil. Add enough oil to just coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onions but do not cover.
- As they begin to brown, stir frequently to produce evenly browned onions.
- Cook until tender and evenly browned about 4-5 minutes. Season as you like with salt, pepper and or herbs.
Easy and very tasty too! I cooked a little longer than called for to start carmalizing them a little. Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.