Recipe by littleturtle
One more thing to do with all that zucchini from the garden. This is a quick, good, and easy side dish that can be served with a weeknight family meal as well as a fancy dinner. Goes great with grilled chicken or even a nice snack on its own.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 zucchini, washed, ends trimmed, and cut in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Cut each zucchini half lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Season the flour with salt & pepper, then coat with the zucchini with flour.
- Sauté zucchini in oil and butter until cooked through but not mushy, turning to brown on all sides (5-10 minutes).
- When done, turn heat to low, and add soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Serve promptly.