Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Food & Wine. June 2007. I'm always looking for new ways with zucchini. This looks great! Totally different.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 lbs small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dill
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until sizzling, about 1 minute.
- Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook until beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in the dill and season with salt. Transfer to a bowl and serve.