Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had a similar dish at a friend's aunt's house one time. It was incredible. I've tried to duplicate it and this is pretty close. You can vary your amounts, especially if you aren't a big onion fan. I use just enough oils to coat the pan and keep the veggies from sticking at first. Then I start to add the broth for a little flavor and to help keep it from sticking. You probably won't need to use all the broth that is suggested.
- 2-3 zucchini
- 2 summer squash
- 1 onion, diced
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml margarine
- garlic powder
- Spray frying pan with olive oil spray or lightly coat with olive oil.
- Melt in a couple tablespoons of butter, add a little olive oil if you didn’t use it to coat the pan.
- Slice up zucchini into thin slices. Add diced onions, about 1/2 cup.
- While cooking, add a little bit of chicken broth as needed, to keep food from sticking/burning.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper and paprika. Sautee until done.
very tastey, i only used a splash of broth and still ended up with extra, but no burnt veggies so thats allright. I only used one yellow squash and one zucchini so thats probally why i didnt need as much broth. will save this recipe for the future, thanks
Yum! I used vegetable broth and only about 1/4 cup towards the end. Loved it!
Yummy,just yummy! I did not change one item in this very tasty dish...just the way I prepare it was a bit different. I sauted the onions (large dice) until carmelized and then removed from pan. I cooked the squash and zucchini over very high heat to get some color on and then lowered heat, added about 3tbls of broth,1tbls butter and covered, cooking until firmly tender. Returned the onions and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. I used the paprika as a dusting on top of the finished dish. After I was done, I realized I left out the garlic powder, but it was not even missed. This is one big winner of a recipe!