Recipe by Color Guard Mom
I had a similar dish at a friend's aunt's house one time. It was incredible. I've tried to duplicate it and this is pretty close. You can vary your amounts, especially if you aren't a big onion fan. I use just enough oils to coat the pan and keep the veggies from sticking at first. Then I start to add the broth for a little flavor and to help keep it from sticking. You probably won't need to use all the broth that is suggested.
Top Review by Michelle_My_Belle
very tastey, i only used a splash of broth and still ended up with extra, but no burnt veggies so thats allright. I only used one yellow squash and one zucchini so thats probally why i didnt need as much broth. will save this recipe for the future, thanks
- 2 -3 zucchini
- 2 summer squash
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray frying pan with olive oil spray or lightly coat with olive oil.
- Melt in a couple tablespoons of butter, add a little olive oil if you didn’t use it to coat the pan.
- Slice up zucchini into thin slices. Add diced onions, about 1/2 cup.
- While cooking, add a little bit of chicken broth as needed, to keep food from sticking/burning.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper and paprika. Sautee until done.