Recipe by Lavender Lynn
A simple vegetable side dish enlivened with a chilli kick from Giancarlo Caldesi .
Top Review by BakinBaby
Simple and delish. I used red chard and follwed directions to a tee, really liked the chili kick. I'm getting accustomed to chard and am loving all the great recipes here at ZWT.
- 500 g swiss chard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh chili, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly broken
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Take the Swiss chard and separate the white stalks from the green leaves using a sharp knife. Chop both parts roughly into bite-size pieces, keeping the leaves separate from the stalks. Cook the stalks in plenty of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Drain.
- 2. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over a moderate heat. Add the chilli and garlic, and season with black pepper.
- 3. Stir in the leaves, cover the pan and let them wilt for 5 minutes. Stir and cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes to reduce the juices in the pan.
- 4. Add the stalks and a little more olive oil if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning and squeeze over a little lemon juice.