Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from the May 2007 issue of Vegetarian Times. OAMC side dish and the recipe may be doubled.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, cut into 1-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place squash, 1 Tbs. oil and salt in large bowl, and toss.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add squash, and cook 5 minutes, or until just soft.
- Spread squash mixture on prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, and bake 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan immediately to prevent sticking, and serve.
Good recipe, and my family liked it. it is a nice way to have butternut squash without it having to be sweet.