Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 mins
The official recipe for a side dish served on January 20, 2013 as part ofcthe first course at the luncheon following the second Obama Inauguration
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat a large heavy-bottomed sauté pan on high heat.
- Add olive oil and sauté shallot until tender.
- Add the baby spinach (wash, if necessary) and season with salt and pepper, cooking only until the spinach leaves are wilted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately or cover and keep warm until serving.