1/1 Photo of Sautéed Spinach
Barb Gertz's Note:
If you like spinach you will love this. Blanching spinach before sautéing may seem like overkill. But it emphasizes the flavor and texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1WILT Spinach; Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat; WILT spinach in boiling water; ADD all at once, stir, and drain immediately in a colander-- DO NOT let spinach sit in water.
- 2Press out as much liquid as possible, forming it into a disk.
- 3To sauté, heat oil in a large sauté pan over med-high heat.
- 4Add garlic and pepper flakes; sauté until garlic turns golden, about 1 minute.
- 5Stir constantly.
- 6ADD the disk of spinach and break up with wooden spoon, stirring to coat with oil and garlic.
- 7Cook just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 8Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a serving platter.
- 9Drizzle spinach with Balsamic vinegar before serving.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sautéed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.6
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 180.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g