Recipe by loveleesmile
From Whole Foods. Leave the tails on. It makes it easier when peeling the shrimp and for dipping.
- 1 lb large shrimp (25 30 count)
- 3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 teaspoons wasabi, paste* to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel shrimp down to the last knuckle so that there is enough peel on the tail to make them easy to pick up.
- Marinate shrimp in olive oil, garlic, ginger and lime juice for 15 minutes.
- Sauté shrimp until pink. Season with pepper and place on a serving platter.
- Stir together mayonnaise, ginger, lime zest and juice, sugar and 2 teaspoons of wasabi paste.
- Taste and add more wasabi until it has some spiciness without being overwhelming. Serve with the shrimp.