Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food & Wine.
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb arugula, large stems discarded
- In a mortar, combine the garlic, lemon zest, peppercorns and a pinch of salt and mash to a coarse paste.
- Stir in the lemon juice and then 1/4 cup of the oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. Add the shrimp and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until beginning to curl, about 3 minutes.
- Add the arugula and stir until wilted and the shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add the olive oil mixture, toss well and season with salt; serve hot.
It's good, simple and easy to make