Recipe by Simply Fresh Cooking
Loaded with mushroom flavor! To make this dish even better, drizzle a little olive oil and grate some fresh parmesan on top. Yum!
- 4 ounces whole wheat linguine (1/4 of a 1 pound package)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3⁄4-1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (if using pre-cooked shrimp use 8-10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable stock, mushrooms, and garlic; cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp, salt, and pepper; cook about 1-2 minutes on each side or until shrimp is pink on the outside. If using pre-cooked shrimp, cook until heated through. Stir in butter and fresh chives and add cooked pasta. Toss to coat.