Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love any kind of seafood but DH just doesn't seem to like it. He will however, eat scallops for some reason. He loves it when I make these and serve it with a good steak and a baked potato. This is his special meal I make! They are really easy but be careful not to overcook them.
- 1 lb scallops (bay or sea)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons white wine (do not use cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add seasonings and scallops.
- Fry until lightly browned about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in wine or lemon juice and heat thoroughly.
So easy and tasty. I used light butter and fresh basil -- will add garlic next time as suggested by other reviewer. Served with pasta, roasted red peppers and sauteed mushrooms. Tomatoes would be a nice addition. I know I'll use this one many times!
Delicious. I added a pinch of salt and pepper, plus a little garlic. Quick and easy to prepare, with a nice delicate flavor that does not over power the scallops. Thanks!