Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Potatoes sautéed in butter and seasoned with garlic and fresh parsley.
Make and share this Sautéed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 12 red potatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Wash potatoes and place in a saucepan. Cover with water and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool to touch. Peel potatoes and cut into slices. There should be about 6 cups.
- Heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook potatoes, while tossing and shaking pan, about 10 minutes until golden and crusty on both sides. Add remaining tablespoon of butter. Add garlic and parsley.
- Toss and stir. Serve.
These were really tasty and easy to make. Watch your fingers though, the potatos seemed much cooler before I started to peel them :)
This is similar to the way my partner's late mother cooked red potatoes and I loved them. I didn't peel them, since we like the peels, and it adds some color. Went great with some lamb chops and asparagus. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.