Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The sauce can be served with most meats, but the pork adds a new twist
- 4 pork chops
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped (julienne green part of 2 for garnish)
- 1 ounce black olives
- 1 ounce capers
- 1 can whole tomato in puree (10 oz)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fried onions (more or less, crush some into powder, leave some whole)
- olive oil
- 1. In a saucepan, sweat garlic, shallots, and scallions with olive oil until soft. Add black olives, capers, can of tomatoes, and chicken stock. Simmer until flavors come together and acidity is cooked out. Strain through a mesh basket, leaving some texture. Season to taste.
- 2. Season pork and heat sauté pan with oil. Sear pork chops and finish cooking in oven until medium. Let rest and sprinkle with crushed onion strips.