Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
365 Delicious Low Fat Recipes
- 2 yellow plantains
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Peel plantains and slice into ¼ inch slices. Place in a large plastic bag with spices. Shake well to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter with ½ teaspoon oil.
- Add half of the plantains, in a single layer, and cook until golden and tender, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining butter, oil and plantains. Serve hot.
Very flavorful! I did decrease the amount of cloves because it is not one of my favorite flavors, and sprinkled a little salt on them when the came out of the pan. Made for Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.
Deeeeeelicious! We made these yesterday for Mother's Day and to serve 5 people we doubled the spices and used 5 plantains (they were fairly small). The only addition was some salt after they were browned, to bring out the sweetness. These were so good - even with all the other food we had, there was only about 1/2 plantain left. Thanks for sharing!