Leeks sautéed with lemon and cayenne pepper. Super easy and delicious side dish and the ingredients can be interchangeable with whatever you have on hand (could use lime and crushed red pepper or fresh diced chili pepper instead...etc).
- 1. Pour 1 TB of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Chop 2 large whole leeks (and admire how pretty they are inside as you're chopping) and add to skillet.
- 3. Season with salt and pepper (I just use a dash of each).
- 4. Squeeze the zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon into the skillet.
- 5. Add 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 6. Sauté over medium heat until white parts of leek become translucent and start to slightly caramelize.
- 7. Enjoy!