Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Surprisingly yummy! Seasoned and tasty. They are like a flavored noodle, except much more healthy!
- Preheat pan on medium high heat with oil
- Cut the top, leafy part, and the bottom roots off the leek so just the white and slightly green part is left.
- Cut in half the long way and wash
- Slice leek into pieces of the desired size (I like to cut mine into small half circle pieces, by just slicing the halved leek the short way).
- Put the leeks into the pan and add salt and pepper.
- Fry for about 5 min.
- Serve as a side to any meal.
I kind of got mixed feedback on these. My husband wasn't impressed, my daughter thought they were awesome and kept picking them out of the pan, I thought they were ok, and my son wouldn't eat them (or anything that remotely resembles an onion, so I am not surprised). So I guess what I can say is that this is an incredibly simple and easy presentation that brings out the natural flavor of the vegetable. I made this as a side dish for Recipe #191074.