1/1 Photo of Sautéed Kale & Red Onions With Garlic and Lemon
From Eden Foods. YUM.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear the leaves off the kale into bite-size pieces. Slice the stems into 1 inch long pieces.
- 2Blanch the stems for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove, place in a strainer, quickly rinse under cold water to halt cooking.
- 3Blanch the kale leaves for 1 to 2 minutes, and rinse in a strainer under cold water. Drain.
- 4Heat the oil in a medium skillet and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Saute the onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Add the kale leaves, stems and shoyu soy sauce. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 6Sprinkle the lemon juice over and toss to mix. Serve immediately after adding the lemon juice or the leaves may loose their bright green color.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sautéed Kale & Red Onions With Garlic and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 218.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g