Recipe by *Parsley*
This combination makes a great side dish for just about any meal.
Top Review by Oolala
Made these for Thanksgiving last night and they were great. Only changes I made were that I didn't add onion (but I would) and I added a few splashes of balsamic. I had onions in a lot of other dishes so that is why I didn't use them here. Thanks!
- 1360.77 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sliced white onion
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place trimmed beans in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain beans.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter and sauté onions, mushrooms, and garlic until tender.
- Add drained beans and salt and pepper to skillet. Stir well and sauté and additional 4-5 minutes.