Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My attempt at duplicating a dish I had in Palm Springs beck in the 80's. Can't remember where.
- 1 dozen frog's leg, medium size
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped (or green onions)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in sauté pan, add frog legs and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, simmer again for 3 minutes. Add wine and chicken broth; simmer.
- In another pan, sauté mushrooms with shallots.
- Add to frog legs.
- Cook until frog legs are done, about 5-10 minutes.
- Before serving, bind with the egg yolk mixed with cream and sherry.