Recipe by agileangus
From Cooking Light magazine. The recipe says to use snapper, but any firm white fish will do. We liked it even better over chicken cutlets. We also added a little baby kale to the spinach. Mushrooms are a nice addition as well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) fish fillets or 4 (6 ounce) chicken cutlets, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced plum tomatoes (about six)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in large pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle fish/chicken with salt and pepper. Add fish/chicken to pan. Cook until done. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium high heat. Add tomato and garlic. Sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine. Simmer 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Return fish/chicken to pan. Spoon tomato mixture over fish/chicken.