Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These were sold in the streets of NYC. Anyway, this is how I remember them.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat,.
- Sauté cinnamon sticks 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in chickpeas and sauté about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned and crisp.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl.
- Add remeining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently.