Recipe by Tabascoman77
This recipe came with every single bottle of Tabasco Sauce I bought in 2007. I finally cooked it. VERY good with a VERY good bite.
- 3 large red bell peppers, cored, cut in half*
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, split
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Place 4 of the pepper halves on rack of broiling pan. Broil about 5 minutes on each side or until peppers are lightly charred. Remove peppers to brown paper bag. Close bag so that peppers can steam for 10 minutes. Remove skin from peppers. Cut remaining uncooked pepper halves into strips and set aside.
- Blend roasted peppers, vinegar, TABASCO® Sauce and salt in food processor or blender. Gradually add 1 tablespoon oil until mixture is smooth.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Sauté 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet. Add pepper strips to skillet and sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Serve chicken with pepper strips and sauce.