Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Real Simple. This is my idea of an ideal summer dinner! I don't see why you couldn't do the chicken on the grill instead of in the oven.
- 4 ounces sliced bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels, fresh (or frozen)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Discard the drippings. Wipe out the skillet and heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking dish and roast until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the edamame and corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Break the bacon into pieces and add them to the skillet. Stir in the remaining salt and pepper.
- Spoon onto individual plates and serve with the chicken.