Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A succulent sautéed chicken recipe offering a burst of sweet, tangy flavor from capers and lemon, supplemented by a foundational onion and garlic base. I usually serve this with a pasta and pesto, accompanied by carrots and/or broccoli, washed down with a cheap white wine. Bon appétit.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 1⁄4 cup caper juice
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon peel
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine, preferably pinot grigio
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute sliced onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, capers and caper juice, allowing to simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Cook chicken breasts atop onions on low heat.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over chicken breasts, placing peels in skillet afterwards.
- Add wine, allow flavors to soak until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with pasta or vegetables, as desired.