Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on a recipe from the November 28-December 4, 2010 WeightWatchers weekly reader. It says, “The chicken is tender and juicy and the sauce has a great salty-savory thing going on. A nice, easy recipe any time of year.” My DH and I both love the caper and lemon flavor combination. Yields 2 chicken thighs, ¾ cup string beans, and about 1 ½ tablespoons sauce per serving.
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour with pepper. Coat chicken with flour.
- Brown chicken in a single layer in prepared skillet until golden on bottom, about 6 minutes. Turn chicken and brown on the other side, about 4 more minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Note: you may have to brown the chicken in two batches.
- Pour broth into hot skillet and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Return chicken to skillet, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and capers and heat for 30 seconds.
- Serve green beans on the side.
Delicious, quick, and easy!
Every single family member who ate this dish really enjoyed the chicken and sauce. I made my own stock so it took longer but if I used stock from a pack it would have been a really quick weekday dish. The flavour was beautiful and my daughter said it was her favourite dish she had for a longer time. Thank you so much for posting your recipe mersaydees