Recipe by Bergy
The combination of these veggies seem to compliment each other, the almonds & wheat germ give a nutty flavor.
Top Review by Dancer^
Well Bergy you did it again, Scott made this recipe and he said it was easy and he loved the flavor. Beans sprouts are 1 of my fzvorite ingredients so you already know I liked it. He served it with t-bone steak and dinner rolls. Great recipe. its in my cookbook, will make again. Thanks Dancer^
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups celery, washed and sliced 1/2 inch diagonal cuts (or one head of Chinese celery, trimmed coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh snow pea
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cleaned, shredded
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half the butter in a large skillet and sauté the celery for 3 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, snow peas, carrot and soy (tamari). Sauté 3 minutes; add spices and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized casserole, sprinkle with wheat germ, dot with remaining butter (margarine).
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until the top is crisp and brown. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.