Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The combination of these veggies seem to compliment each other, the almonds & wheat germ give a nutty flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups celery, washed and sliced 1/2 inch diagonal cuts (or one head of Chinese celery, trimmed coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh snow pea
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cleaned, shredded
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Melt half the butter in a large skillet and sauté the celery for 3 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, snow peas, carrot and soy (tamari). Sauté 3 minutes; add spices and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized casserole, sprinkle with wheat germ, dot with remaining butter (margarine).
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until the top is crisp and brown. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
Well Bergy you did it again, Scott made this recipe and he said it was easy and he loved the flavor. Beans sprouts are 1 of my fzvorite ingredients so you already know I liked it. He served it with t-bone steak and dinner rolls. Great recipe. its in my cookbook, will make again. Thanks Dancer^
Very good Bergy! but I will use about half the butter next time, and I would also not cook them as long. I cut the recipe in half and left out the sprouts, personal preferance, and added a couple of sliced fresh mushrooms. The spices were very good with the veggies and we liked the idea of the wheat germ and almonds, nice nutty flavour! Thanks for sharing!!