In the Sephardic tradition, carrots with almonds is a delicious side dish and we like it as an accompaniment to the Thanksgiving meal. From Vegetarian Celebration: Menus for Holidays and Other Festive Occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet heat the pan on medium heat.
- 2Add the butter and melt. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- 3Next add the oil.
- 4Saute the carrots, stirring frequently until they start to turn golden and are crisp-tender about 10-12 minutes.
- 5Do not allow the skillet to turn dry- adding a little apple juice if necessary.
- 6When the carrots are crisp-tender add the remaining apple juice and saute mixture until liquid is absorbed.
- 7Finally, stir in the lemon juice, chives, toasted almonds, salt and white pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sautéed Carrots With Toasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: