Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup dried arame seaweed (seaweed)
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups julienne-cut carrots (1 pound)
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cover arame with water; let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
- Brush tofu slices with 1 teaspoon oil. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu, and cook until liquid from tofu is evaporated (3 minutes). Remove tofu from pan. Cool and cut into 1/4-inch pieces, and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onions, and ginger; cook 4 minutes or until carrot is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in arame and salt; cook 3 minutes or until arame is tender. Stir in tofu and soy sauce. Cook for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.