Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cabbage with Apples and Walnuts
Make and share this Sautéed Cabbage With Apples and Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head cabbage, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add cabbage. Cook until it starts to soften, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped shallot and stir to distribute. Let cook about a minute.
- Add apple pieces and stir again. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until apple starts to soften.
- Add the cider vinegar and walnuts. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice on top. Enjoy!