Recipe by Sharon123
A really tasty side dish! I love garlic and pine nuts, and broccoli too, so this is a winner with me! This recipe comes from Anna Teresa Callen, an Italian cook.
Top Review by KimmieCat1
Delicious. I am always on the look out for new ways to cook veggies and this is going to be a keeper. Thanks Sharon123 for a fabulous recipe. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! ~~2011~~ tag game.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small dry skillet, toast the pine nuts, stirring constantly to brown evenly. Don't burn!
- Chop the garlic fine. Set aside.
- Separate the broccoli into florets. Peel the skinnier stems and cut into cubes (or reserve the stems for cream of broccoli soup).
- In a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water, blanch the broccoli for about 8 minutes, until it is crisp-tender and still bright green.
- Drain thoroughly in a colander.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and let it soften for a few minutes. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Then add the broccoli and pine nuts to the pan. Toss carefully to coat everything well with the garlicky oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn into a warmed serving bowl and serve at once. Enjoy!