Recipe by Manami
This recipe just caught my eye while I was reading Cooking Light, Sept/07, issue. Have taken the liberty of adding some toasted almonds and crushed red pepper flakes to an otherwise wonderful recipe. It was awesome! UPDATE: Made this again & had no almonds but did have cashews, so I used them and they were even better! 09/15/07
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- slivered & toasted almonds or toasted cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Stir in sherry; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli and salt to pan; stir well.
- Stir in broth & red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir in black pepper, if using, and toasted slivered almonds or toasted cashews.