1/1 Photo of Sautéed Broccoli and Mushrooms
This recipe just caught my eye while I was reading Cooking Light, Sept/07, issue. Have taken the liberty of adding some toasted almonds and crushed red pepper flakes to an otherwise wonderful recipe. It was awesome! UPDATE: Made this again & had no almonds but did have cashews, so I used them and they were even better! 09/15/07
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- 3Stir in sherry; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently.
- 4Add broccoli and salt to pan; stir well.
- 5Stir in broth & red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- 6Cover and cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 7Stir in black pepper, if using, and toasted slivered almonds or toasted cashews.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sautéed Broccoli and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth