Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Modified this just a little, easy and yet nice enough for company.
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon (or 1 T vanilla plus 2 T water or bourbon extract)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into long slices
- 4 cups good vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (to garnish)
- Melt butter in a sauté pan (for a more runny sauce add the additional 2 T butter).
- Add the brown sugar and stir till smooth. Then carefully add bourbon and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the nuts and cook 30 seconds.
- Add banana slices and cook till soft, 4-5 minutes.
- Pour over ice cream and garnish with additional pecans.