Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The original idea for this meat entrée was on an Epicurious post. I changed the ingredients and cooking instructions to meet our specific tastes of thoroughly cooked meat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary needles
- 1 lb beef, of your choice (pound beef to tenderize and slice into 1/2 inch strips)
- 1⁄2 large shallot (thinly sliced lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 500 g arugula (rinsed and sliced in half)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic, rosemary, and beef
- Brown beef on all sides, then add shallot, red wine vinegar, and balsamic vinegar
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove beef with tongs and place in a bowl Quickly sauté arugula in remaining juices for approximately 5 seconds.
- Plate arugula and top with beef and liquid.
Uses great ingrdients but did not taste very good.
I thought the flavors in this were really nice. It is a simple dish that you can pair with a variety of salads and sides. Thanks for the post.