Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Special occasion breakfast or brunch
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 0.25-0.5 ml ground nutmeg (a dash or two)
- 4.92 ml raisins
- 4.92 ml slivered almonds
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml water
- 0.59 ml salt (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml butter
- 14.79 ml creme fraiche (for topping) (optional)
- Make the filling: in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add in apple, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir/saute about 4 minutes, until tender.
- Add in remaining filling ingredients; stir until sugar melts, about 1 minute; set aside.
- Make the omelet: in a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, sugar, and vanilla.
- Heat an 8-inch omelet pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When butter foams, pour in egg mixture all at once.
- Let set until edges begin to cook.
- Using a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tip skillet to allow the uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath.
- Continue to do this until the top is almost dry, 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon half the apple mixture over one half of the omelet.
- Fold the other half over to cover; let stand for a minute or two.
- Turn out onto a warmed plate, top with remaining apple mixture and creme fraiche; serve immediately.
Delicious! My older brother used to make apple-cinnamon omelets for the family, and this recipe was pure nostalgic bliss! I left out the raisins, almonds, and cream fraiche (to be more like my brother used to make), but I'll use that next time. I also used 2 whole eggs and an equal amount of egg whites; since I used a large apple, the proportions were perfect, and the final product made 2 good size servings. Thanks for an amazing recipe!
I looked at this recipe and hesitated I thought "I wonder" well wonder no more it is delightful! Unfortunately I didn't have any almonds and did not use any creme fraiche. It was still wonderful, refreshing taste. The kitchen had the love aroma of cinnamon & apple. This is a definate make again omelet Thanks NurseDi for another lovely recipe