1/4 Photos of Sautéed Apple Omelet
Special occasion breakfast or brunch
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 -2 dash ground nutmeg (a dash or two)
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Make the filling: in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add in apple, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir/saute about 4 minutes, until tender.
- 3Add in remaining filling ingredients; stir until sugar melts, about 1 minute; set aside.
- 4Make the omelet: in a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, sugar, and vanilla.
- 5Heat an 8-inch omelet pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add in butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 7When butter foams, pour in egg mixture all at once.
- 8Let set until edges begin to cook.
- 9Using a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tip skillet to allow the uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath.
- 10Continue to do this until the top is almost dry, 3-4 minutes.
- 11Spoon half the apple mixture over one half of the omelet.
- 12Fold the other half over to cover; let stand for a minute or two.
- 13Turn out onto a warmed plate, top with remaining apple mixture and creme fraiche; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sautéed Apple Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.1
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 598.6 mg
- Sodium 644.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 20.0 g