Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great all in one dish. Just add a salad to complete the meal.
Make and share this Sausages With Potatoes and Rosemary recipe from Food.com.
- 6 thick pork sausage
- 800 g potatoes (ones that are good for roasting)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 stalks rosemary
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 ciabatta, loaf (crusts removed)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf (roughly chopped for garnish and flavour)
- Pe-heat oven to 400'F/200'C.
- Place sausages in a pot of cold water to cover and bring to boil.
- Simmer for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from water and slice thickly.
- Place sausage slices in a roasting pan.
- Add potatoes which have been cut into either thick slices or chunks.
- Sprinkle over the paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Add the rosemary.
- Drizzle with oil and toss gently.
- Roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour stirring occasionally or until potatoes are tender and sausages are golden brown.
- Tear ciabatta into bite sized pieces and add to pan for final 20 minutes of cooking.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve with a green salad and a spicy tomato sauce if desired.
Delicious! What a great new way to use pork sausages. I made it just as written, although I did drizzle a little extra olive oil on top of the pieces of ciabatta before putting the casserole back in the oven. My husband and son commented on how good this was and have asked me to make it again!
the taste is just lovely and the ciabatta loaf is a great touch thanks for the recipe
Jen this was a lovely meal. Thank you so much for sharing. We loved it, the flavor was incredible. I used hot italian pork sausage, which worked beautifully with the potatoes and bread. Everything was tender and moist, simply delish. :) Made for Aussie Swap #40