Recipe by Satyne
Taken from here = http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/313609/sausages-with-apple-mash Looks yummo!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Real comfort food, thank you, Satyne!!! I adjusted the recipe since we were just 2, and still had plenty. I added a little gravy browning to the onion gravy, just to add a nice rich brown colour, and I must say I loved the apples in this, I should have added more apple, especially since I ate half of it before I added it to the mash, very nice, lol!!!! Thank you, a lovely meal on a cool evening, DH enjoying the sport on tv, all added to the atmosphere :) Made and enjoyed for ZWT 8
- 700 g floury potatoes, cut into chunks
- 8 cumberland sausages
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 250 ml beef stock
- 2 green apples, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 15 mins until tender. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan and add the sausages. Cook over a medium heat for 15-20 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add a knob of the butter and the onion to the pan, then cook for 15-20 mins until soft. Stir in the flour, then gradually add the stock, stirring to make a sauce. Simmer for 2 mins, then pour into a jug and keep warm.
- Cook the apples in half the remaining butter for 5-10 mins until softened. Drain the potatoes and mash well with the rest of the butter and the milk. Fold in the apple, then serve with the sausages and onion gravy.