Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Taken from here = http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/313609/sausages-with-apple-mash Looks yummo!
- 700 g floury potatoes, cut into chunks
- 8 cumberland sausages
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 250 ml beef stock
- 2 green apples, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 15 mins until tender. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan and add the sausages. Cook over a medium heat for 15-20 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add a knob of the butter and the onion to the pan, then cook for 15-20 mins until soft. Stir in the flour, then gradually add the stock, stirring to make a sauce. Simmer for 2 mins, then pour into a jug and keep warm.
- Cook the apples in half the remaining butter for 5-10 mins until softened. Drain the potatoes and mash well with the rest of the butter and the milk. Fold in the apple, then serve with the sausages and onion gravy.
Real comfort food, thank you, Satyne!!! I adjusted the recipe since we were just 2, and still had plenty. I added a little gravy browning to the onion gravy, just to add a nice rich brown colour, and I must say I loved the apples in this, I should have added more apple, especially since I ate half of it before I added it to the mash, very nice, lol!!!! Thank you, a lovely meal on a cool evening, DH enjoying the sport on tv, all added to the atmosphere :) Made and enjoyed for ZWT 8