Recipe by Sackville
This is great served over lentils or rice for a simple but filling meal.
Top Review by Jen T
My husband loves sausages and so this was a real bonus to find this recipe and having all the ingredients on hand. I used lamb sausages & used white wine and served with minted boiled potatoes and a mix of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots steamed. A real 'keeper' in this house :) Update: The second time I made this I used red wine and beef sausages. Both make for a great dish. :)
- 4 -6 pork sausage links
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 100 ml good chicken stock
- 1 cup red wine or 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a heavy, heatproof dish.
- Place the sausages in the pan with the oil and set over a medium heat.
- Brown them on all sides very lightly.
- Scatter over the shallots and cook for a minute or so, then add all the other ingredients except the parsley.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes till the sausages are tight and tender.
- Check from time to time that the liquid has not completely evaporated- there should be just enough left to make a bit of a sauce with.
- Lift out the sausages, drop in a large knob of cold butter and stir in till the sauce thickens.
- Scatter parsley and serve hot.