1/1 Photo of Sausages Braised in White Wine
This is great served over lentils or rice for a simple but filling meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a heavy, heatproof dish.
- 2Place the sausages in the pan with the oil and set over a medium heat.
- 3Brown them on all sides very lightly.
- 4Scatter over the shallots and cook for a minute or so, then add all the other ingredients except the parsley.
- 5Cover and simmer for 15 minutes till the sausages are tight and tender.
- 6Check from time to time that the liquid has not completely evaporated- there should be just enough left to make a bit of a sauce with.
- 7Lift out the sausages, drop in a large knob of cold butter and stir in till the sauce thickens.
- 8Scatter parsley and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausages Braised in White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.9
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 553.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.2 g