This is great served over lentils or rice for a simple but filling meal.
Make and share this Sausages Braised in White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- Butter a heavy, heatproof dish.
- Place the sausages in the pan with the oil and set over a medium heat.
- Brown them on all sides very lightly.
- Scatter over the shallots and cook for a minute or so, then add all the other ingredients except the parsley.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes till the sausages are tight and tender.
- Check from time to time that the liquid has not completely evaporated- there should be just enough left to make a bit of a sauce with.
- Lift out the sausages, drop in a large knob of cold butter and stir in till the sauce thickens.
- Scatter parsley and serve hot.